Wednesday, October 15, 2014

 
Each year, approximately a million pregnancies in the U.S. end in miscarriage, stillbirth, or the death of the newborn child.  October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. It is a day observed to give us opportunity to increase our understanding of the great tragedy involved in the deaths of unborn and newborn babies. It also enables us to consider how, as individuals and communities we can meet the needs of bereaved parents and family members on work to prevent causes of these problems.
 
My Shoes
I am wearing a pair of shoes,
They are ugly shoes. Uncomfortable shoes,
I hate my shoes.
Each day I wear them and
each day I wish I had a different pair...
Somedays my shoes hurt so bad
I don't think I can take another step.
Yet I continue to wear them.
I get funny looks wearing these shoes.
To learn how awful my shoes are
might make them uncomfortable.
To truly understand these shoes
you need to have walked
in them yourself.
But once you put them on,
you can never take them off.
Some women are like me and
ache daily as they
try and walk in them.
Some have learned to walk
in them so they don't hurt
quite as much.
Some have worn the shoes so long
that days will go by before they
think how much it hurts.
NO woman deserves to wear these shoes.
Yet, because of these shoes
I am a stronger woman.
These shoes have given me the
strength to face anything.
They have made me who I am today.
I will forever walk in the shoes
of a woman who has lost a child.
~Author unknown
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment