Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Annual WMS Day

 
Two by two, they came down the aisle
Dressed in white and wearing a smile
The WMS was celebrating its Annual Day
Get ready, God was about to show up in a spectacular way
The welcome had been given and the litany read
A song was sung and the Decalogue said
Suddenly from the back, a loud boisterous noise arose
It was a sister dressed in a bright red mini wearing no panty hose
She ran to the front of the church to say
"I came by here to tell you a sister in the choir stopped by the shelter the other day,
put her arms around me and started to pray.
She called on God to take me from my misery and strife
And to bring joy and blessing into my life
Since that day, I have not been the same.
Church, now I do everything in Jesus' name."
When she said that, all glory broke out
Sister Minnie lost her hat and started to shout
The whole congregation began to erupt
And the Holy Ghost showed up
We'll never forget that WMS Day
When the Almighty Spirit had its way!
 
~Dr. Pam DeVeaux
2013
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment